This talk has been (or will be) presented at:
* Scala World
How to write a basic backend application in Scala? Which libraries to pick? There's a couple of possibilities, and choosing can be overwhelming!
In the talk I'd like to present one approach and one set of libraries, which are used in the Bootzooka template project. During the live-coding session, we'll add a complete feature to the application, taking advantage of:
- trait-as-modules for code organisation
- constructors for "dependency injection"
- tapir with http4s for exposing http endpoints
- doobie for database access
- monix with cats-effect for managing side-effects
Along the way, we'll see both practical benefits of functional programming, and features of the libraries used. Come and see how to do functional Scala in 2019 (and beyond)!