We are SoftwareMill - a group of various individuals: total geeks, humanists, fans of fantasy and karate, Apple and Android enthusiasts. Both our differences and shared values allow us to create one of the most employee-friendly companies in the IT industry. We work 100% remotely, from our homes scattered all over Poland (but not only!).
Interested in joining our team? See what it takes to become a SoftwareMiller!
- Salary ranging from 1200 to 1500 PLN net per day for start
- 100% remote company with a remote-first mindset
- Full-time but not necessarily 9-17, we are flexible
- Professional development and freedom in choosing the toolset and tech stack
- Learning-culture expressed by SoftwareMill Academy and the technical reading club
- Small teams without PMs, no procedures, and no other corporate 'goodies' we all love
- Best tools you need to make your work pleasurable and effective: monitor(s), workstation of your choice
- Dev-friendly environment with passionate and skilled people who believe in clean code and software craftsmanship - you will have a chance to meet some of them during the recruitment process
- Interesting projects with technologies like Scala, Akka, Zio, Cats, Slick, Blockchain, Cassandra, MongoDB, Apache Kafka
What we expect
- Very good Scala skills and functional programming knowledge
- Ability to write clean and testable code
- At least 4 years of commercial experience in developing software
- Understanding of different types of software architecture
- Ability to design with scalability and maintainability in mind
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the industry trends
- Good knowledge of English is a must (both spoken and written), we work with clients from all over the world (USA, Australia, Switzerland, etc.)
- Polish language is required, as internally we are a Polish speaking company
Nice to have
- Actor model and Akka
- Knowledge of a second JVM language
- Engagement in the IT community: personal blog, speaking at meetups/conferences, active member of StackOverflow, involvement in the open-source projects
- Having a pet-project
- Interest in Big Data, Machine Learning and/or Blockchain
Impact from day one
You can directly influence the company’s future. Our leaders are not appointed but chosen by their actions.
You can feel appreciated for your extra input and clearly see what skills are rewarded.
Transparent raises policy
You are empowered to explore and co-create your own development path within a custom, developers-friendly promotion system.
Quality time together
We foster true connections. You enjoy monthly integrations full of fun activities for the whole team.
Twice a year, it’s time for a weekend away. To one of these fun-filled escapes, we bring our loved ones.
You get a 50% refund, and 100% if you are a speaker, for conference tickets and workshop attendance.
Paid days off
You get time and resources to grow, and you’re paid when attending workshops and IT conferences.
Workstation of your choice
Only you know what type of laptop, software, or accessories can make your coding joy, so you choose it.
Free English classes
Feel more confident when communicating in your projects after attending our internal fun English classes.
Break a sweat and increase your energy levels at your favorite gym any time you want.
Do a routine health check up once a year and get a refund. Take part in sport tournaments with your colleagues.
Gamified content days
Share your technical knowledge on a conference or our blog to win prizes in a gamified tournament.
Bottom up structure
Our leaders are not appointed but chosen by their teammates. Everybody can contribute to how SoftwareMill operates.
We learn together for certificates, do architecture katas, read technical books, or simply help each other on a daily basis.
Soft skills development
We’ve learned that soft skills are essential and help us work better. There is always some soft skill initiative open to join.
Hard skills development
Attend internal workshops by top-notch IT experts that will help you grow as a developer.
100% remote forever
You’ll find out that remote does not mean alone. Remote-first from day 1, we’ve created a setup that enhances our daily work.
You’re free to organize your workday around important family matters or other obligations if necessary.
Team integration budget
Want to meet with your project team onsite? No problem, you’ll get a budget for spending quality time together.
You have access to all information, including finances, necessary to contribute to strategic decisions.
Send resume and fill online form
Technical task and code review
What can you expect when joining us
We all work from our homes, co-working offices, or sometimes even from the Bieszczady Mountains. Remote-first from day 1, we've been become experts in distributed workplace best practices.
Everyone has the same right to voice their opinions or change the way the company works, no matter if you are a boss or a developer who joined us a month ago.
You will know how much each of us earns or how much we spend on various things. We practice full transparency — both decision-making and financial.
You get paid days off when you attend conferences. We also appreciate when you want to share your knowledge with others at internal knowledge sharing initiatives.
We're a company launched and led by active developers, so we understand that an SSD disc is not a whim and two large external LCD displays setup is not too much. If you need any stuff to work, you will get it.
Skills do not tell the whole story. Values play a crucial part in who we are, what we give back to the community, and who we invite on a journey with us.
Still have questions?
Catch us on the dedicated Ask Me Anything - SoftwareMill Slack channel and ask us anything about programming, projects, the company, or remote work tips.